Well, unless you count when I resolve to lose weight each year.
But doesn't everyone do that?
Many of my good, good friends have been so forward thinking in their 2010 plans.
Choosing words to live by....
And really if you think about it, they're making commitments to themselves.
People like Lindsay and Jenny and Kristi.
I've been inspired.
This year, I've made resolutions.
But I haven't forgotten my old standby - "I'm going to lose weight this year!"
Hey, at least this year I have a shiny "carrot" in front of me to motive me. My goal is to get closer to the weight I was in college - ahh, those were the days - see?
I've also tried to pick a word for 2010 - and let me tell you, it wasn't an easy task!
What challenge did I want to put out there for myself?
And what if I made it to hard - can you make it too hard?
So after debating with this - I've chosen to be committed.
Committed to the goals below, the family and friends I love and cherish so much, and the dreams Clint and I have for our future.
In 2010, I'm committed to:
* Living life fully - and being thankful for all I've been given.
* Eating healthier and exercising more often.
* Like Jenny, I want to start going back to church on a regular basis.
* Being a better friend - giving more, putting more effort into my friendships and getting back in touch with good friends, like the ones above.
* I want to be more calculated in my decision making - but balancing that with my normal spontaneity.
*I'm going to try and make it to all of our Bunko nights this year!
*And finally, I'm going to consciously make an effort to only make 50% of the decisions regarding our wedding....and give up control to allow Clint to make the other 50%. After all, it's our wedding - not mine only.
Welcome 2010 - I'm glad you're here!