We got a little "tanked" with the Stumpff's yesterday.
Basically, you load up yourselves, your coolers full of goodies and a few life jackets (for cushions) and head out into the river.
We floated the Middle Loup, and it took us about 3 hours to go two miles. Besides getting stuck on a few sandbars, getting the tank wedged under a snagged tree, spinning in circles down the river, finding a place to stop the tank and climb the banks for a quick "break" and a wet pair of jeans - it was FABULOUS!
Really, we had a great time. Thanks Kristi for organizing it!
And in the words of Clint:
"This really should be Karl's next business venture."
And because I was too busy after we got home catching up on laundry to post this:
520. News of two brand new baby boys - Congratulations Gray Family and Hoffman Family!
521. Finally hitting the 10 pounds lost mark.
522. Two great days spent at the state fair with Clint.
523. Catching up with old judging friends.
524. Meeting new faces - new to me, old Nebraska friends to Clint.
525. Steak on a stick. Yum.
526. Sharing a blooming fried onion. We forgot to go back the next day for the fried dill pickles though.
527. Watching really high quality livestock classes.
528. A really great book to read this week - "The Help".
529. Browsing, but not buying.
530. Fresh fruit.
531. Three silly dogs who can't wait for you to step out of your car & pet them.
532. Ice cold drinks.
533. Lunch at George & Lori's - thanks again!
534. Getting tanked.
535. Spinning around & around.
536. Laughter & funny conversation.
537. Great memories.
538. A night spent snuggled up (it was cold last night!) next to my husband.
539. A beautiful drive back to Kearney this morning.