(Or, if you're Canadian, Thanksgiving!)
Which means all federal employees are not at work!
(Suh-weet! Let the good times roll - between now and February, we have 7 federal holidays!)
Anyway....this federal employee was at home helping brand the fall calves, and work the fall cows.
It was nothing short of exciting.
Including - me falling off my horse.
But I will be OK.
I will also be at the chiropractor's tomorrow.
But I will be OK.
My ego - well, it's going to be bruised for a while.
Along with my right hip.
But back on track - we got the cows/calves worked, and now I'm off to jump in the shower and head back to Kearney for a short (3-day!) work week.
I didn't get any pictures of branding....we had just enough help, so there wasn't time to snap any pictures.
So you'll have to deal with the fencing pictures I'll post later.
I know - you can hardly wait - fencing pictures! :)
620. Strong hands.
621. A stronger heart.
622. Lots of love and little jokes.
623. H-braces built.
624. Homemade dinners.
625. A new printer/fax/copier/scanner! It's amazing what $100 can buy!
626. Figuring out how to hook up the printer/fax/copier/scanner! :)
627. A three day weekend spent working side by side. (Well, Clint did most of the work - but I was at his side - does that count?)
628. Not having to do loads & loads of laundry - it was already done when I got home.
629. Hanging my fall wreath.
630. Wide open spaces.
631. Sweet puppies to meet you at the door.
632. The trees and their fall leaves.
633. A bit of rain.
634. Enough foresight to get my feet out of the stir-ups.
635. God looking over us.
636. Helping hands.
637. An event free branding....well, once we got the cows to the corral.
638. Branding lunches. Mel did it again - thank you again!
639. Good bye kisses as I head back to work.