The good news: I guess you could say I got my first deer of the season.
The bad news: I got it with the Camry.
Actually, for the record - the deer hit me.
I was just following the car in front of me coming home on Hwy 2 last Friday night. Going under the speed limit I might add, since I was like "Well, if I stay behind this car, if a deer comes out, they'll hit it first."
But there was a group of deer on the side of the road, and after the car I was following went past them, one bolted out....right into the front side of the Camry.
Let's just say.....the Camry's future after Friday night is not looking so good.
And I wasn't even reading!
I'm blessed that I wasn't hurt at all.
After talking with my insurance company today (praise God for insurance!) it sounds like the Camry will most likely be totalled. But I'll know more later this week after an adjuster looks at it.
And to top things off....wouldn't you know it, there are NO rental cars available in Kearney until tomorrow afternoon?
So I've been driving around in town in style!
If you can call duct tape, baling twine and plastic sheeting stylish! :)
So - I'll probably be in the market for a new(er) car.
One that gets good gas mileage.
And repels deer.
But like my wise Grandma said today when she called me out of the blue,
"There's always a little bit of good in anything bad."
That's a quote to take to the bank, I tell ya.
And the multitudes keep rolling in....
700. Sweet little Addie Marie's baptism yesterday.
701. Getting to hang out with her, our other niece and nephew Rylie & James, and their parents.
702. Not realizing how much damage I'd done until I got home. (I figured....as long as the car was running, I should just keep going. So I didn't even realize that I wouldn't be able to hardly open my car door until I was in my driveway.)
703. Good weather Friday night....It would have been a major bummer to drive the 100 miles I had left home after the deer hit me with a busted out window in the rain/sleet/snow!
704. A husband who can just make it all better. Love you Clint!
705. Really good auto insurance. Thanks Kerri! I'll be sad when I have to switch to my Nebraska agent in February.
*If anyone is looking for a really good insurance agent, I highly recommend my college friend Kerri. She's on top of things, makes sure you're covered, and does it economically!
706. Safely making it home.
707. A morning spent outside.
708. An afternoon spent napping.
710. College football on TV. Too bad the Beavs lost :(
711. Facebooking with friends.
712. Leftover pecan pie.
713. Working together.
714. Hugs & a kiss goodbye.
715. Cute little 3-packs of Lindt truffles in the Christmas aisle in Walmart. It's the perfect amount of goodness for $1!
716. 70 degree weather....in November....in Nebraska!
717. A great Zumba class tonight at the Y.
718. Clearance Halloween candy. (I know, it kind of off-sets the one above...but clearance Halloween candy only comes about once a year!)
719. Lots of love....from all directions!